Acquiring and selling art
Lydia Barry Kutko Art Advisory represents the collecting and resale interests of individuals and their designers, corporations, trusts, foundations and estates. With the wealth of information to interpret and the many venues from which to choose, we offer clients customized services to maximize personal and financial returns.
As your advocate, we
- Give access to art that meets your collecting objectives.
- Source artwork within your budget.
- Extend your reach with professional knowledge of international art market trends and comparable sales analyses.
- Sharpen your command of art history and art making techniques to promote connoisseurship and appreciation.
- Identify appropriate venues for resale, including private sale, consignment, local or international auction.
Display and collection management
We offer in-house counsel as well as access to preferred providers in the fields of archival framing, proper installation practices and lighting design. Industry-specific software for tracking and managing records of purchase, appraisal, insurance, loan, donation, sale, transport, exhibition history and literature references is available to clients whose collections require a specific level of care.
We recognize the diverse needs and budgets of our clients, offering flexible services and payment options.
Based upon the project’s parameters, we will agree to reserve a small percentage of the budget as our fee.
To keep you apprised of suitable works, updated market reports and continued collection management, retainer services may be elected.
Please contact us.
For assistance establishing, growing, managing or selling works in your collection, please email or call our New York office (646) 389-2787.